Sunday, August 26, 2012

Ella started school!

And I feel SO old!  I can't believe that I have a child old enough to be in school!   She started Pre-K last Monday and has LOVED it!  She goes from 7:45 to 10:40 Monday-Friday so it is the perfect amount of time for me to run errands and have some one-on-one time with Kaleb!  The first day was kind of a meet and greet with the teacher and we only were there for about 45 minutes so it was a little anti-climatic.  The teacher had assessments to do the rest of Monday and Tuesday so Wednesday was her first real day of school.  I actually left her there for the first time alone!  I have never done that before with strangers.  I mean, sure she goes to Lifekids at church but Martin and I are always there in the building and my family has watched her a lot when I am gone but never strangers!  It was tough for me to let go and trust that she would be ok.  The what-ifs kept running through my mind- What if she falls and really hurts herself and I'm not there?  What if other kids are mean to her?  What if the teacher doesn't like her?  What if she can't find the bathroom?
It was just a cluster of worry but I tired to remind myself that kids do this everyday and this is totally normal.  It was just weird and hard to be away from her.  When I left her I could see the worry in her eyes- she didn't want to be there alone but when I picked her up she said that she had an awesome time!    I had to hold back the tears when I dropped her off but I knew that if I lost it she would have lost it too and that would not have been a good situation.  Wednesday went great, she made a new friend named Lily (how cute is that?!) and she said that they already promised to be best friends everyday.  I so wish I could just be a fly on the wall and watch her in school.  I bet she is so funny.   Thursday went well too- she was the class leader!  (That is a BIG deal to a 4 year old!) She got to lead the class when they went outside to play, came back inside, and went outside when school was over.  I'm not really surprised that the teacher had her be the leader, she has quite the assertive personality and is very responsible (and *ahem* bossy!) but I couldn't help but feel a twinge of pride when she told me.  When we were walking to the car after class on Thursday, all of these little kids kept calling out Bye Ella! Bye Ella!  It was so adorable and Ella was just as sweet as ever saying goodbye to every one of them.  We even had a little girl jump into our car to say goodbye to her!  This helped ease my worries about her as she must be well-liked by all.  She was the class leader again (!) on Friday and said that she enjoyed it but felt like it should be Lily's turn to be the leader as that was only fair to take turns.  She amazes me.   We go back to class again tomorrow so I hope this week goes as well as last week did!





happy to be in school!

here's where she was starting to get a little but worried about me leaving bless her heart!


1 comment:

  1. Precious pics! What a big girl! Gosh, time just flies. So happy for you guys and your new home! Can't wait to see pics of baby #3 in not too long!!

    ReplyDelete